home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Styling Denim on Denim

denim shirt, distressed jeans

styling a denim tuxedo

womens denim look

grey cardigan, denim top and jeans


We made it to Friday! As you may or may not know, the weather in LA is very unpredictable. Nice and sunny a few days. Then, it's too hot for January, but not complaining. Then, it's cold and rainy for a week or a day. So during those weird stretches of what feels like Spring, I've been taking advantage of reaching for old favorites. Denim and chambray will always fill my closet and lifestyle. But I need to throw in I've been getting so much inspiration and perspective from some girls on Instagram doing that 10x10 challenge. While I haven't gone shopping much, I know with Spring ahead I will want to. Their insight has given me enough to pause and think before I go crazy shopping. One think I know I get my moneys worth when I buy denim pieces. Is there a piece/style that you buy season after season because of this?

Let's flashback to last year's look here. One thing I do for fun or because I'm cold is layering. This time, it's because I'm cold. Using a button down for extra warmth is still a styling trick I love. I'm just not sure if I love it because it has that cool girl vibe or more for being warm?


Thanks for linking up with us! Our picks are Rachael from Threads for Thomas and Cheryl from Cheryl Shops!





7 comments:

  1. Such a nice way to do double denim! :) It's still summer here so the weather is pretty normal - hot every day, haha! But our spring can be quite varied and sounds similar to what you're experiencing now!

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope that you are having a good week :) It's Australia day today, so a public holiday which is nice :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your cardigan - it has such a lovely shape! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the denim and chambray paired together! Such a cute look. Thank you for the feature!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the feature! I love that we both have round purses in our looks—great minds think alike! ;)
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madewell always has great chambray pieces! I almost bought another denim/chambray top the other day. They are so hard to resist!!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute casual look and I love those shoes! Thanks so much for linking up with Fabulous Friday!
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this denim on denim look. The colors are so soft and pretty.
    Mary
    https://windandspindle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!