home     about     contact     styling        

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wine Tasting Highlights

Obviously, I'm still thinking about my wine tasting adventures and for very good reasons (you see those cupcakes up there. yeah.). Hope you don't mind, but I didn't have time to share it all yesterday. So I wanted to highlight some of my favorite places in Los Olivos, which is about 30 minutes north of Santa Barbara. Think countryside, rolling hills that you just can't believe you're not looking at a painting. The drive alone is so worth it! But let's talk wine and cupcakes and truffles! For sometime, I've been a huge fan of Sarloos & Son's and their cupcake pairing from Enjoy. Those cupcakes are unreal and you can find her on Instagram if you can handle all the goodness. So clearly I like my sweets and then we discovered a new favorite, Rufugio Ranch. This tasting room has a pairing with the most unique and tasty chocolate truffles! One had passionfruit, another curry, and chai! I can't even tell you how well they tasted with the wines. The people were also so informative and welcoming that we came back a second time. Yes, you bet we did that truffle pairing twice! And as you can see from the bottom right picture, picking out a favorite from Rufugio to take home was really tough;)

Happy Hump Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!